smilebackwards: anastasia in white gown (anastasia white gown)
[personal profile] smilebackwards
Hyperion by Dan Simmons. This had many interesting building blocks. Post-Earth universe has a weird as fuck planet called Hyperion which has multiple mysterious archeological sites and a cryptid monster that kills people. Seven people are selected to go on a pilgrimage out to the monster and they tell their messy, interwoven backstories on the way. I was in like the last 30 pages of this when I was like okay there is absolutely no way this is wrapping up in 30 pages and lo it is a 4 book series. Anyway, compelling, but if you don't like any of the character backstory vibes you are somewhat screwed because you're trapped within each one for like 80 pages.

-

I have been going to the gym more which is good but I still want to do better and lose some of the weight gain that's been slowly creeping up on me and making me feel critical about myself (particularly in photos even though I know literally no one cares, ugh) so I'm going to try these Body Project workouts again. I think I was doing these during peak Covid time and they were short and simple but surprisingly taxing. Wish me motivation. [ETA: Damn, okay I did not fully remember how challenging these were lol. Will be wearing more appropriate gear next time but I did it!]

Profile

smilebackwards: john with left yellow stripe (Default)
smilebackwards

August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 10:42 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios